[NBLUG/talk] 1600x1200 Rez in X

bm bm at sonic.net
Thu Oct 21 15:41:50 PDT 2004

Hi Steve,

Private e-mail.   If it works tell the group....

On another distribution, with a different video card,
the install did not recognize my nice high video resolution.

I had to manually make 2 mods to the X config file.  In my
case the file was ..../xorg.conf (from memory so please
check)

change 1 video driver from "vesa" (again memory) to "radeon" (memory
again) You would need driver for your card instead of my ATI card.

change 2 replace the default resolution ("800x600") with desired
resolution.

I believe that the pixel depth was acceptable.

Restarting X resulted in the desired resolution.

Sorry to not be able to look at machine so I could give
you precise exact information.   If you want, I will try
to access machine and get back to you.

HTH

--Bill Marlin