[NBLUG/talk] Knoppix 3.6 hdd install question

Robert Hayes rhayes at silcom.com
Fri Sep 3 12:31:31 PDT 2004

I'm wiping my laptop, and want to install from the Knoppix 3.6 live CD.

It boots from the switch Knoppix26 using the 2.6 kernel and finds and runs
everything just fine. (Drop to knees, say small prayer of thanks.)

I want to install the 2.6 kernel to the harddrive, but don't see any options
for it with knx2hd.

If I boot the CD with the switch Knoppix26 then run knx2hd will that determine
the kernel version to use and install 2.6 on the hard drive?

Thanks all!

Have a safe Holiday weekend!