[NBLUG/talk] Vanishing nodes in /dev

Lincoln Peters sampln at sbcglobal.net
Fri Sep 24 13:42:40 PDT 2004

On Fri, 2004-09-24 at 12:54, Eric Eisenhart wrote:
> > I'm still not sure what's going on, but as soon as I manually loaded the
> > "loop" module (which I thought I had set to automatically load, but I
> > apparently I had not), the "loop" device nodes re-appeared.
>
> Run "df -a".  Does /dev show up as a separate file system?

No, it doesn't, and I'm sure that there is no support in my kernel for
DevFS (which is what I assume you're thinking may have caused this weird
behavior).

/dev/pts and /dev/shm do show up as separate filesystems, but neither of
those is where one would look for "loop" devices.

---
Lincoln Peters
<sampln at sbcglobal.net>

If only you knew she loved you, you could face the uncertainty of
whether you love her.