Booting from USB? (was Re: [NBLUG/talk] An different kind of initrd)

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Sun Sep 26 17:35:05 PDT 2004

On Sun, Sep 26, 2004 at 05:26:27PM -0700, sms at sonic.net wrote:
> Huh... I thought I'd seen "booting from USB stick" as a well-treated
> issue here on NBLUG/talk...
>
> Anyone recall that?  Recall *WHEN* so we can point him at the right
> archive?  Or have I been hallucinating?

Just tried the obvious test... Google for "+site:nblug.org" with a few
keywords (USB, boot, etc.), but didn't have any luck.

Maybe you'll be more lucky, if you can remember some of the terminology
that was used in the original thread?  (I heard such devices called
"USB keychains", "jump drives", "memory sticks", "flash drives", etc.)

-bill!