[NBLUG/talk] Changing hardware clock time zone on Debian/Sarge

Lincoln Peters sampln at sbcglobal.net
Mon Aug 8 21:57:32 PDT 2005

When I installed Debian/Sarge on one of my computers, I told it that the
hardware clock was NOT set to Greenwich Mean Time.  Then I set up a cron job
to automatically sync the clock with an NTP server, and now every time it
syncs, the clock is set 7 hours in the future.

I suspect that the simplest solution would be to have the hardware clock set
to GMT, and I know how to re-set it in the BIOS, but I can't figure out how
to tell Debian/Sarge that I've changed the hardware clock to GMT.  How do I
do that?

--
Lincoln Peters
<sampln at sbcglobal.net>

Far duller than a serpent's tooth it is to spend a quiet youth.