[NBLUG/talk] SCA Drive help

Walter Hansen gandalf at sonic.net
Fri Feb 4 22:23:01 PST 2005

well crap I couln't even post the pic. edited the pic to black and white,
this should go....

Well crap. The drives at HSC won't work without some modification. It
looks like the server takes SCA connector drives and they plug right into
the box itself. The ones HSC has seem to have the right connector, but the
body of the drive get's in the way of them being plugged in. I did some
searching online, and it looks like the drives it takes are hot swapable
and the connector sticks out a bit where on a normal drive it is square
with the body. I think a little 1/2 inch spacer would do the trick. Oh,
well. I'm including a pic of one that I found and think is one of the
right drives. This may make it impossible for me to particpate in
installfest.

The computer does have a IDE connector for the CD-ROM, but no real place
to stick a drive. Although that might work, I should probably just try to
get it some proper drives.