[NBLUG/talk] System Message

E Frank Ball frankb at frankb.us
Wed Feb 16 15:19:30 PST 2005

On Wed, Feb 16, 2005 at 02:51:19PM -0800, Troy Arnold wrote:
} Not that I enjoy being a pedant but its worth saying...  Do you guys
} realize how much frickin' wasted text you're quoting?  What's the point
} of quoting 10 other replies just to add your own at the top?

The insidiousness of top posting.

} Walter Hansen <gandalf at sonic.net> wrote:
} Anyone ever program on a teletype? What an enormus waste of paper.

Yes.  1975.  There was one teletype terminal for the entire school
district.  It was in the administration building, which was across the
street from my high school.  It probably ran at 300 baud.  I also had to
use one the first year of college, but it least it was faster at 1200
baud.  It was better than cards or tape.

   E Frank Ball                frankb at frankb.us