[NBLUG/talk] System Message

Steve Johnson gnuguy at gmail.com
Thu Feb 17 12:06:38 PST 2005

On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 11:08:07 -0800 (PST), Walter Hansen
<gandalf at sonic.net> wrote:
> No. I actually always found Fortran interesting sounding, but never got
> into it. Let's see BASIC/Pascal/Machine/Assebly/C/C++/Perl/PHP was my
> progression, Visual Basic is somewhere in there too, but I don't think it
<snip>

Funny, I did assembly before machine.. Found it made easier.. Machine
is not easy at all, and only time I used it was when using
un-documented op codes on the 6510/02 processors.  Most assemblers did
not understand them, and most debuggers didn't either..

Un-documented op codes got real popular for copy protection in the old
days, because they would be actual code, but to a debugger or
de-compiler it would look like random data =)

Heh, just thinking back, the best crack for copy protect was as simple as
nop;
nop;
nop;

hehe

-Steve

--
      "Knowing others is wisdom, knowing your self is Enlightenment."
                                                   -- Lao-Tzu