[NBLUG/talk] Best wireless card

Steve Johnson gnuguy at gmail.com
Sun Jan 2 16:24:25 PST 2005

I had a Linksys V4 card once, as soon as I found a sucker.. err I mean
user that was willing to trade it straigh over for his V3 card, all my
problems went away =)

I hear the Orinoco Gold is the best card to get, but I have yet to buy
one, so can't really confirm that rumor =)

-Steve

On Sat, 01 Jan 2005 21:06:06 -0800, Todd Cary <todd at aristesoftware.com> wrote:
> Mark -
>
> After Ghosting my Win 2K on my notebook, I tried installing Fedora 3.
> The install went flawlessly except for the Wireless card.  I have the
> same problem with Knoppix (latest), so it appears to be a problem with
> the Linksys v4 card.
>
> Another question: Have you had any experience with gnome-vfs2-ntfs?
> This is suppose to allow seamless browsing of NTFS networked workstations.
>
> Todd
>
> Mark Street wrote:
>
> >Well, I have been through my share of wireless cards....  I am using two at
> >the moment in my laptops.  Orinoco Gold and Linksys WPC11 v3,  hell, I can
> >interchange them on my Fedora Core 3 laptop and they both work, picking up
> >where the other left off without a hitch.  I also own a couple PCI wireless
> >cards, the one I chose for the Linux box was the Netgear MA 311.
> >
> >Sorry, the whole house in on 802.11b, no g here.
> >
> >Take your pick, but it is best to stay with prism chipsets if you can find
> >them.  You can pick up WPC11 v3 on E-bay sometimes.
> >
> >On Saturday 01 January 2005 19:58, Todd Cary wrote:
> >

> >>I have a Linksys WPC11 v4 wireless card and after using Google, it
> >>appears that this card is noted for dificulty in getting to work
> >>correctly (if at all) with Linux.  I had loads of problems with Win 2K!
> >>

> --

      "Knowing others is wisdom, knowing your self is Enlightenment."
                                                   -- Lao-Tzu
|C8H10N4O2|