[NBLUG/talk] BIOS -failed update - help

Justin Thiessen thiessen at sonic.net
Thu Jan 6 19:23:19 PST 2005

Ok.

You *may* be in luck.

Look here for emergency reflashing information:

http://www.geocities.com/sheppola/awardflash.html

Try following the instructions for emergency recovery using the award BIOS
(on the lower half of the page, AFTER instructions for the AMI BIOS), which
is what your system has according to its manual.

Of course you'll need the boot disk, which you can get from:

http://www.bootdisk.com/

Look on this page for your BIOS.  (search for 6260)

http://www.elhvb.com/mboards/a-trend/bios/index.html

And get a copy of the award flash utility.  Googling for "award" and "flash"
turns up several sources.  You probably have a copy on the update disk
that eSupport sent.  Of course you may be suspicious of that copy since your
flash failed...

This page has a PDF of the motherboard's manual.  (search for 6260)

http://www.elhvb.com/mboards/a-trend/manuals/index.html

Best of luck, and let us know how it turns out.

Justin Thiessen
thiessen at sonic.net