[NBLUG/talk] Debian install

Jacob Appelbaum jake at nblug.org
Thu Jan 13 19:53:12 PST 2005

On Thu, 2005-01-13 at 19:26, Ian Sutherland wrote:
> Jacob, PPPOE, Yes.
>
> Thanks, Ian

My understanding is that you need to tell it to use PPP for your network
connection, set it up with DHCP on the PPP interface and use the pppoe
conf program to set the username/password.

Someone wrote something about that here:
http://lists.debian.org/debian-boot/2004/11/msg00204.html

Basically the important part is:
"Right now I have to download the netinst-image (because business does
not contain pppoe), install the base-system, give an local IP to the
machine (192.168.), and, when asked whether I want to create a PPP
connection, switch consoles and run pppoeconf."

So it seems like you need to install the base system, create a PPP
connection and then run pppoeconf.

If this is right, can you respond back with the information you used to
get it working for the archive?

--
Jacob Appelbaum <jake at nblug.org>