Fwd: Re: [NBLUG/talk] Debian install

Ian Sutherland iansuth at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jan 14 16:43:53 PST 2005

Thanks, That worked!
The screen resolution is locked at 800x600, though my video card can handle
a higher resolution. How do I change the resolution to 1024x768 say?
I had some difficulty getting the xserver to work.
When I boot I get a black and white woven desktop with a "login" and
"password" area. When I logout I get the same screen with no option to
"restart" or "turn off". I have to turn off the computer with the power switch.
Any suggestions.

Thanks, Ian