[NBLUG/talk] Using Linux (Fedora 3) to bulk email

Steve Johnson gnuguy at gmail.com
Wed Jan 19 09:25:21 PST 2005

I'm not sure if there is built in bul emailing software, but there are
databases you can install such as MySQL, Postgres SQL or even Berkly
DB..

To write a simple script to bulk mail based on one of these database
would be pretty simple.. So it can be done.

What kind of bulk mail are you sending (hopefuly not spam)?  If you
need a simple mailing list, then you could install something like
mailman and then an MTA (Sendmail for example), mailman is a mailing
list program, as a matter of fact, it is what nblug uses (I believe).

-Steve

On Mon, 17 Jan 2005 11:00:37 -0800, Todd Cary <todd at aristesoftware.com> wrote:
> I was told that built into Linux, there is the ability to use a DB (e.g.
> MySQL) to bulk email.
>
> Is this true?
>
> If so, what is the name of the program?
>
> Is it the best to use?
>
> Todd
> --

      "Knowing others is wisdom, knowing your self is Enlightenment."
                                                   -- Lao-Tzu
|C8H10N4O2|