[NBLUG/talk] Linux-oriented PC recycling? (WRT NYTimes "disposable" PC article)

A'fish'ionado afishionado at gmail.com
Mon Jul 18 14:56:12 PDT 2005

I sent in my resume to the CRC a few months ago, and let the volunteer
coordinater know that, among other things, I know Linux. Unfortunately, they
never contacted me again. I called them up a few weeks later and left
messages with a few people, but never heard back. :-(

You know, I bet somebody could make some good money selling "PC rejuvination
kits" consisting of Ubuntu/Xandros/whatever CDs with manuals and
professional tech support (and the best newbie-friendly hardware detection
and setup tools one can muster). You'd just have to market it right [some TV
spots might work wonders (get it on Oprah and give everyone in the audience
a free CD!)].

William