[NBLUG/talk] Looking for hardware...

Christopher Wagner chrisw at pacaids.com
Wed Jul 20 15:37:24 PDT 2005

Hi folks..  I'm hoping that someone here on the list might have some
compatible RAM that will work on this machine that they'd be willing to
part with, for free or for a modest price.  Unfortunately finding RAM to
match somewhat ancient hardware is rather difficult and expensive.

I've got a Redhat 7.2 server here that I set-up a couple years back to
run our web services on..  It's an adequate machine in many respects
other than not having enough RAM, a P-Pro 200 with two HDs in a RAID-0
configuration.  It's a headless machine without X on it and currently
has 64 MB RAM.  The type of RAM I need is 72 pin EDO SIMMs, ideally four
32 MB SIMMs to max out this machine, though even two would definitely
help.  Under most circumstances, 64 MB would be enough, but since we're
running MySQL along with Apache, it tends to eat through RAM pretty good
especially since our web exposure is increasing gradually.

Thanks guys, even if you don't have anything!

- Chris