[NBLUG/talk] OOO question

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Sun Jul 24 13:45:07 PDT 2005

On Sun, Jul 24, 2005 at 10:54:27AM -0700, Cal Herrmann wrote:
> In the last few months I have become an OpenOffice user, was slow to
> get started!
> Question: in OOCalc, is there now or will there be an ability to create
> a chart from the Spreadsheet data?  As in Excel?

But of course!  However, I never really use spreadsheets, and am not very
familiar with OOCalc.  Although, I did fire it up, throw some random
data in it, and found the menu item:

  Insert -> Chart

that seems to insert a chart, graph, etc.  I hope that helps!

> Not clear from my version or from the openoffice.org web pages.
> Have the JC or other considered offering a course on OO?  Would seem
> useful to many.

Indeed!  Especially if the school can just give away copies of the software.
(The cost of producing 50 discs containing OOo is practically nil compared
to purchasing even ONE copy of Microsoft Office!)

bill at newbreedsoftware.com       Sunnyvale Baylands Park, Sunday, August 14th