[NBLUG/talk] Setting default browser

E Frank Ball frankb at frankb.us
Fri Jul 29 20:38:07 PDT 2005

On Fri, Jul 29, 2005 at 03:21:45PM -0700, Todd Cary wrote:
} Christopher -
}
} Thank you!  I did find it, however I made a mistake in where I put the
} tarball and did the install, so I would appreciate a suggestion on where
} one should put the tarbar when doing an install.
}
} Currently, it is in /home/todd...not good.  And a directory,
} firefox_install, was created with all of the files in it except for the
} plugin files.  They are in /usr/lib/mozilla.

Where you put the tarball shouldn't really matter.  As you note it
installs the files in the correct place regardless of where you put the
tarball.  I usually put tar'ed sources in /usr/local/src/, but some
folks have a preference for other locations (in /opt/ is the most common
other place).

} And when I download a rpm file, should I put that into the Reh Hat rpm
} directory?

If you want.  I use /usr/local/rpms/, but that's something I made up.

} Does "rpm -i myapp.n.n.n.rpm" enter the application into the rpm index?

I don't even know what a "rpm index" is.  rpm -i installs the rpm (see
"man rpm").

   E Frank Ball                frankb at frankb.us