[NBLUG/talk] Perl mod question - Cookies.pm

Mark Street mark at oswizards.com
Fri Jun 3 09:14:40 PDT 2005

I am trying to program an automated perl script to interact with a remote
website... ASP.NET with lots of javascript...messy stuff.  I first had to run
a web scraping proxy server on the site, then converted the requests and

The problem comes in when using the cookie_jar object.  The Cookie.pm perl
module only handles Cookie and Cookie2 format.  The site I am interfacing
with hands out Cookie3 format.  I tried hacking Cookie.pm and manually
setting my headers in my requests in the perl script with properly formatted
cookies  but I can only get so far into the site with the mixture of
techniques.

Any ideas on ways to handle Cookie3 format with perl's Cookie.pm?

--
Mark Street, RHCE
http://www.oswizards.com