[NBLUG/talk] Question about Apache

James Reed james.w.reed at gmail.com
Fri Jun 24 14:21:45 PDT 2005

Hello,
 In apache 1.3.33 the following should work (works for me anyway :) ):
 Example:
 # There is an .htaccess file in the root directory with contents:
AuthType Basic
AuthName test
AuthUserFile /path/to/password/file
Require user valid-user
 httpd.conf:
 <Directory "/path/to/web/root">
 AllowOverride AuthConfig
 Order allow,deny
Allow from all
</Directory>
 <Directory "/path/to/web/root/sponsors">
 satisfy any
</Directory>
 When I tested this I was prompted for a password when hitting the root
webpage. Then I closed all the browser windows and opened the sponsors index
page directly, no password prompt.
 Hope this helps.