[NBLUG/talk] Systems Administrator Position

Kyle Rankin kyle at greensheet.com
Mon May 9 17:01:40 PDT 2005

Hi NBLUG,

I'm sending this from my work email address, as this is a position here at
this company (my old position to be exact). The details are below, but feel
free to ask me if you have any particular questions about the position. I
will, of course, be at the meeting tomorrow so if you have questions, don't
be shy about pulling me aside and asking.

Systems Administrator (IT)

National trade publishing company headquartered in Rohnert Park, Calif.
seeks bright, energetic, enthusiastic team player for SysAdmin position.
Established in 1983, we are the largest publishing company focused on retail
financial services.

Responsibilities:
*	Maintain Linux server environment, including Web, e-mail, DNS and
SMB file sharing. Support desktop computers, including troubleshooting,
software installation and maintenance, and all upgrades.
*	Manage the Web site infrastructure and design in cooperation with
the design department. Includes managing Web-based bulletin board software,
user account management and overall moderation of the board. Provide general
technical support for Web site visitors.
*	Responsible for all computer-related purchases and installation.
*	Serve as general "go-to guy" for technical problems and special
computer-related projects.

Skills:
*	Programming languages: strong Perl skills, PHP experience and shell
scripting ability.
*	Operating systems: strong Linux server experience (Debian experience
a plus). Windows Desktop support (2000, XP). OS X experience a plus.
*	Server applications: Apache, BIND, Postfix, Courier, Samba,
iptables. MySQL a plus.
*	Networking: TCP/IP networking, VPN, wiring experience a plus.
*	General understanding of firewall and routing technologies.
*	Web design: HTML, CSS a plus.

Hourly position, $3,000 – $3,500 per month, depending on experience.
Benefits include paid holidays and vacation, health insurance and 401(k). If
you have strong problem-solving skills and are a quick learner and willing
to tackle new things, send your résumé and salary requirements to:

The Green Sheet, Inc.
www.greensheet.com
Fax: 707-586-4747
Email: hr at greensheet.com