[NBLUG/talk] Bluetooth?

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Fri May 27 23:19:26 PDT 2005

On Fri, May 27, 2005 at 08:57:47PM -0700, Robert Hayes wrote:
>  The MP-PA01 is a low power and high performance communication product which
> transforms your parallel port printer into a Bluetooth enabled printer. The
> Micro Plus Bluetooth Printer Adapter allows mobile printing from any
> Bluetooth enabled desktop PCs, notebook computers, PDAs, Pocket PCs and other
> Bluetooth devices without using any printer cable.

Ah, so that's actually a bit different from the Zaurus doo-dad I just
mentioned.

With the Zaurus one, neither system needs to know Bluetooth.  It's simply USB
on the PC end, and "Zaurus Sharp I/O port" on the other.  Neither system has
any clue that the bits are being transmitted over the air, rather than
through a cord.

I'm betting someone, somewhere, has something like that for plain ol' USB
devices (i.e., USB on either end).  Though, I guess I couldn't see much use
for that in most cases.

I've got a USB compact-flash card reader, for example.  If I got some
'wireless USB over bluetooth' adapter for it, it'd STILL have a 5' cable
attached to it... :^)  Not very kitten-proof.

-bill!