[NBLUG/talk] Ubuntu 5.04 + KDE - printer dissappears, prints garbage

S. Saunders sms at sonic.net
Wed Nov 2 15:11:35 PST 2005

A *very* brief search of Google (sorry, no time for more) hinted
that Ubuntu + KDE have a history of playing poorly with CUPS.

You might want to look at this in more depth.  There may be an
"easy" fix... or there may not, even under an up-rev'ed Ubuntu;
I was seeing some signs that Ubuntu doesn't like CUPS, even when
there's no KDE involved.

- Steve S.