[NBLUG/talk] Direct Render Support

Stephen Cilley hydro_mancer at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 10 20:18:30 PST 2005

Ok, I went onto IRC today I got this all squared away.
It seems that 1024x768 at 24 bit pixel depth is just
too much for the IBM T22 (s3 Savage IX) as it has only
8 megs of VRAM.  I'm not sure how that math works out
(1024x768 [res] X 24 [pixel depth] = 18874368 [total
bits] / 8 = 2359296 [total bytes] / 1024 = 2304 [total
KB] so like 2.25 megs... I guess there's other stuff,
and then only 1.5 megs with 16 bits pixel depth) but
once Eric explained to me how to get the pixel depth
changed it booted fine, and I've got cogs-o-spinning
spinning spinning away.  It also set my video playback
straight (bonus!)  That DRI howto was helpful once I
figured it out.
Anyway, out of all of that rambling what I wanted
y'all to get was this:
Thanks a bunch.

Stephen

http://probo.probo.com/pipermail/savage40/2004-November/thread.html#169