[NBLUG/talk] Low Res Full Screen Video Playback

Stephen Cilley hydro_mancer at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 14 19:29:11 PST 2005

I'm trying to playback a video on the TV, and I got
the TV portion of that eqaution working fine, but
there's a problem with the playback.
In order to playback to the TV I need to run at 640 x
480.  But when I set my desktop to 640x480 and play a
video it does something quit odd:
http://www.originalskinstudios.org/pix/plyerr.jpg
It plays the video on about half the screen, and
covers the other half with blue.
When playing video in a higher res I don't have this
problem.
Still working with the T22, video card is S3 Savage.
I've tried a number of different players (Totem [which
doesn't seem to work at all] GXINE, VLC, Mplayer) and
I'd prefer Mplayer, if I could.
Any thoughts?
Thank you,
Stephen