[NBLUG/talk] December distro talk

Troy Arnold troy at zenux.net
Tue Nov 15 21:24:21 PST 2005

Hi all-

The December 13th meeting will be a panel discussion covering various
popular/useful Linux distributions.  We're looking for folks who'd like
to spend a few minutes showing off the distinguishing features of their
favorite distro.

So far we've lined up:
Eric Eisenhart -- Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL)
Aaron Grattafiori -- Gentoo
Augie Schwer -- Mandriva
And I'm sure Kyle will cover apt-based distros (Debian/Knoppix/Ubuntu)
either specifically or in general.

It'd be great to have someone cover Slackware, Fedora, SuSE/Novell or
even specialized distributions such as KnoppMyth or dyne:bolic.  Just
keep in mind that it's looking like this will be a whirlwind tour, so
time for each distro may end up being pretty short.

If you would like to cover a distro, or participate in
defining/organizing the presentation, please sign up for the mailing
list we've set up for that purpose here: