[NBLUG/talk] Hardware Auto Power On

Walter Hansen gandalf at sonic.net
Wed Nov 23 15:25:31 PST 2005

I understand the first bit, but I loose it at the diode. As I remember
diodes only allow current flow in one direction. So if I put a diode in
series (serial) between the motherboard and the powersupply or the ground
and the powersupply, I'm not exactly sure what would be gained. I assume
the goal would be to have the front switch behave normally, but to have
the system automaticly power on after a power loss. Please elaborate a
bit. Sorry for my confusion. I actually can solder and used to even be
able to read resistors.