[NBLUG/talk] Inexpensive Box for Trusix?

Walter Hansen gandalf at sonic.net
Mon Oct 3 00:10:08 PDT 2005

Looks like any $30 used computer will do the trick. I've thrown away
better systems than that. I could probably give you a p90 or something.
There's proably a lot of pII's for cheap these days. It could be that
going beyond the minimum could improve performance, but its probaly
doubtfull that exceeding it by quite a lot would provide any more
improvements. This is probably because the typical router/firewall doesn't
exactly have a lot of horsepower.

Hey, one of those mini systems might be cute. HSC used to have some 133s
in that were cute, but their gone now. You might check on ebay. Such
systems were typically made for use in stores as cash registers and such.
I think someone was even designing some about twice the size of a hard
drive.

The following is the minimal system requirements for Trustix Secure Linux
3.0:
● Intel i586 compatible processor
● 64 MB RAM
● 2 * Size of RAM + 500MB HD