[NBLUG/talk] More hard drive problems

Dean A. Roman droman at romansys.com
Mon Oct 3 08:30:39 PDT 2005

Lincoln,

I don't have a lot of experience with ReiserFS, but do with ext2 and
ext3 and software raid devices, so here are some ideas:
You could try remounting with "mount -o errors=continue"...this will
skip any errors and just try to mount anyway.
Also, in "mke2fs there is an "-S" option that will just write or rewrite
the superblock info...maybe there is an option like this for reiserfs??
Last but not least, try removing the damaged disk from the array using
"mdadm --remove or --fail" options.

Hope those ideas helped a bit.

Thanks,
    ---Dean.

Lincoln Peters wrote:

> On Oct 2, 2005, at 8:10 PM, Nat W. wrote:
>
>> I don't know if this would help, but have you tried popping knoppix
>> in and
>> seeing if it will mount it, or at least get at your cs file?
>

> I haven't tried that yet (still running surface scans), but it sounds
> like a good idea.
>
> When the surface scans finish, I'll review the man pages for
> reiserfsck and mdadm one more time, and if I don't see any obvious
> thing to try that I haven't already tried, I'll try the Knoppix CD.
>

> Lincoln Peters
> lmpeters at mac.com

Dean A. Roman