[NBLUG/talk] More hard drive problems

Lincoln Peters sampln at sbcglobal.net
Mon Oct 3 19:56:37 PDT 2005

On Monday 03 October 2005 06:28 pm, Bob Blick wrote:
> > However, I ran Maxtor's PowerMax
>
> Ahh, I wasn't going to ask. My most recent failure was a Maxtor 250
> GB drive. It was four months old.

At least they're really good about replacing the drives when they fail!

Of course, given this track record, you can see why I'm now using RAID.  I'm
thinking that the next time I need a new hard disk that is not a warranty
replacement, I'll get one from one of the other major vendors (Seagate,
Western Digital, any others worth looking at?) and see how it holds up.

--
Lincoln Peters
<sampln at sbcglobal.net>

Assembly language experience is [important] for the maturity
and understanding of how computers work that it provides.
		-- D. Gries