[NBLUG/talk] personal server upgrade... strategy?

Daniel Smith dls at daniel.org
Sun Oct 9 10:51:33 PDT 2005

I have a debian 3.0 (woody) server at a colo that's due
for an upgrade.  My motivation is more for "latest security"
than anything else.

strategy? -  upgrade on top of woody to sarge?
* start clean?
* start clean & switch distro to Fedora or something else?

The server is a 1U box - I try to run the minimum (LAMP + SSH).
Not worried about upgrading X11, Mail, DNS, etc.  I'll sit with
the box at the colo, but am not going to be swapping drives, etc.,
so I'd like to minimize down time ...

Just wondering about local experiences with the upgrade.

Daniel
--
Daniel Smith          - Sonoma County, CA
dls @ my name dot org - AIM: SonomaDaniel - daniel.org