[NBLUG/talk] ntpdate

E Frank Ball frankb at frankb.us
Thu Oct 13 15:00:03 PDT 2005

On Wed, Oct 12, 2005 at 03:56:48PM -0700, Engel wrote:
} Hi guys,
} I'm running Kubuntu on my PIII/1gig Compaq that Chris
} Wagner helped me install at the last 'fest.
}
} Now that it's been awhile, I'm noticing that at
} startup, there's a line that fails every time that
} says the computer is trying to go online and check for
} a time update from the ubuntu website during its
} have to restart - or after it loads incorrectly I
} can't go online on the network and I have to restart.
}
} I'm told because NTP is hanging on boot, I need to
} remove the ntpdate command from start-up.

Or you can configure ntpdate to work properly.

The server is listed in /etc/default/ntpdate

you can try ntp.nblug.org and see if it works better.

   E Frank Ball                frankb at frankb.us