[NBLUG/talk] The Debian Way

Jeremy Turner jeremy at linuxwebguy.com
Fri Oct 28 05:47:45 PDT 2005

On Thu, October 27, 2005 7:28 pm, Troy Arnold said:
> To answer Walter's other question:  yeah, learning how to do things
> Debian's way is worth the effort.  You end up with a basically
> unbreakable system if you follow Debian policy.

I feel this way regarding kernel compiles.  It takes a little bit of time
to learn what

make-kpkg --append_to_version -`date +%Y%m%d --revision=`hostname`.$ver
kernel_image modules_image

means, but when it generates a nice kernel image for you, it helps
installation and it makes a handy backup file as well in case you ever
need it.

Jeremy