[NBLUG/talk]-laptop winmodems

A'fish'ionado afishionado at gmail.com
Sat Oct 29 21:38:17 PDT 2005

> One of the better resources for gettng a WinModem to run under LInux
> is: <http://www.linmodems.org>

I was working at one point at trying to get the drivers from there working.
I recall that when I ran their modem detection script, it gave me a bunch of
conflicting messages about what driver I needed. When I finally picked one
and installed it, all the driver seemed to do was screw up my sound card.

I need to go figure out where I dumped those files and play with it again.
:-) (It was a few months ago when I last got to play with that.)

BTW, I do have extra USB ports free. I'd like to finish exhausting all the
options to get the existing modem working before I start buying more
hardware, though. :-P I will keep everybody's reccommendations in mind,
though.

...It would be nice to not have to boot into WinXP to get online. :-)

William