[NBLUG/talk] [OT?] Static DHCP leases from a LinkSys router?

Steve Johnson fratm at adnd.com
Thu Apr 20 16:12:03 PDT 2006

On Thu, Apr 20, 2006 at 03:43:22PM -0700, Lincoln Peters wrote:
> Anyone know if I can configure a LinkSys EtherFast Cable/DSL router
> (model number BEFSR51) to always assign the same IP address to certain
> computers, e.g. based on their MAC addresses?  I ask because I'd like to
> set up a few servers (most of them headless) on my LAN, and it would be
> rather difficult to access them if their IP addresses change every time
> they start up!
>
> This is not a WRT54G router, so I probably can't run Linux on it.

I'm not familiar with this device, but can't you set the DHCP address
range? and if that is so, just assign your server a static IP under or
over that range.  That's how I do in on my WRT54G.

My DHCP address range is set to .100 to .150, and anything I want to
have a static IP, I just set them up with an address under .100

-Steve