[NBLUG/talk] Info to Monitor

Walter Hansen gandalf at sonic.net
Fri Aug 4 16:42:59 PDT 2006

I'm not sure if I should be annoyed by this or not. I've seen it on severl
Linux distrubtions.

For some reason varrious messages are put up on the physical screen
(tty1?). These usually have something to do with mouting drives or other
large changes. So when I go to log into a server from the console there's
a bunch of old messages with a login prompt below.

Myself I'd rather the messages not be there. I guess someone with console
access could hack in anyway so it's not really a security issue, but I
just think they look messy.

This is by no means a issue. I just wondered about what you guys thought
of it.