[NBLUG/talk] Remote linux command from a windows shortcut?

David shadoweyez at hotpop.com
Fri Aug 18 16:39:34 PDT 2006

Hi all

Looking for a way to set a windows shortcut to execute a command or script on a
remote linux box, probably through ssh (say with putty) with pass wordless
login.  The idea is I double click the shortcut in windows and - *poff* -
something happens on the linux box.

Googling has not produced any results that involve getting the remote command to
execute from the windows shortcut, though once I can get one command to work, it
would probably not be hard to get a more complex script.  Has anyone done this?

TIA,
David