[NBLUG/talk] 40 person yearbook roster photo catalog album; Is OpenOffice the answer?

Nat W. calvin166 at pseudoweb.net
Sun Dec 17 20:28:34 PST 2006

I'm not sure of how to do it in Linux, but with the pdf printing in safari,
if you go into page setup you can remove the header and footer, thus making
it more like a document. I also imagine ruby has a write to pdf library, but
I've never used it so I can not say.

In terms of php though I don't think you can output to anything besides a
webpage. I've never tried otherwise though.

There are a lot of ways to grab data from mysql databases with php (google
it comes up quickly). And then you would style the output with css.

/Nat