[NBLUG/talk] Printing to X

Nat W. calvin166 at pseudoweb.net
Mon Dec 18 10:28:49 PST 2006

While that sounds fantastic, I can not find xsri in apt or on my machine
(Ubuntu 6.10).

The other problem is I do not want to write to the root window. I have found
root-tail does that, but the issue is that I need to write above all of that
because an image display program is running.

What I really need is text with no background at the very top most layer of
my screen (so basically above all windows and running applications.)

I was just thinking though, if there were a command line way to add text to
an image then I could possibly use that.

Thanks guys,
/Nat