[NBLUG/talk] OT - 120v car adapter

Walter Hansen gandalf at sonic.net
Sat Dec 23 09:21:31 PST 2006

Mark Street wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Does anyone have any suggestions on a 120v car adapter.

Target has a decent one for $40, and I think a cheaper one for $30. Best
buy has a real big one for close to $100. Make sure to get enough
Wattage to power what you want continuously. Often they'll say something
like 300Watts, but when you read the fine print it's 300Watts peak and
200Watts continuous. It's best to be on the safe side. Even though the
things have fuses, I've found that you can completely burn them out by
hooking them up to something that draws too much. I have yet to find one
that will charge my wife's electric wheelchair in our van.