[NBLUG/talk] GBLD (or similar)?

ck3k ck3k at ck3k.org
Thu Feb 9 16:44:06 PST 2006

Yeah, used to run WoW in linux each time they patch it, they break
something new in linux. Gentoo's forum has the best gaming emulation
threads for such things. I personally love gentoo for certain things.
I mainly enjoy the learning process that goes on during a first-
timers gentoo install. It exposes the user to things like fstab, and
the chroot command, things which until gentoo I had not really known
about (first gentoo install was pre 1.4, forgot the release number) I
do however agree it is impossible to do a gentoo install at an
installfest as was noted by someone earlier, it just takes forever,
the initial install on a fast box can be realistic, but not a full on
graphical interface/xorg.

Paul Peterson