[NBLUG/talk] Quicken vs. GnuCash vs. ??

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Fri Feb 17 14:15:35 PST 2006

On Fri, Feb 17, 2006 at 12:47:45PM -0800, Rick wrote:
> I would prefer to try something a bit more up to date from the OSS
world.  Do any of you have any experience with GnuCash or any of the
other OSS financial applications?

My wife used GnuCash for a while, but stopped.  I forget why.
I think the big issue people have with GnuCash is the double-entry.
It apparently makes more sense once you're used to it, and is
more accurate, but it takes a while to get used to.  And typical
"accounting software for Joe/Jane Average consumer" doesn't do it
that way... or something. ;^)

> I've googled a bit, and come up with a few ancient reviews.  Does
> anyone know of any reliable and recent information on financial
> applications?

It's worth mentioning that a new GnuCash came out recently. :^)
(So the ancient reviews are even less relevant.)

How's that for a useless answer? ;^)

--
-bill!                                    Tux Paint 2006 wall calendar,
bill at newbreedsoftware.com                CDROM, bumper sticker & apparel