[NBLUG/talk] S5 presentation - GUI utility?

ac at sonic.net ac at sonic.net
Fri Feb 24 23:45:25 PST 2006

Greetings,

In preparing for <shameless plug> my upcoming talk at NBLUG on 3/14 about
putting MythTV / Linux on an Xbox </shameless plug>, I've been looking at
the different presentation applications available in Linux.  The two
programs that look to be the most interesting are OO.o's Impress and Eric
Meyer's S5 standards-based slide show system at
http://www.meyerweb.com/eric/tools/s5/.  Kyle has used S5 for several
previous NBLUG presentations as can be seen at
http://www.greenfly.org/talks/, so I'm leaning towards that at the moment.

I've seen rumors of a GUI utility to make building S5 presentations
easier, but I haven't been able to find such a utility.  I'm not
particularly familiar with CSS and so far I've proven to be a very poor at
designing web pages, so the idea of building one of these S5 presentations
by hand is a bit daunting.  Does anyone know of such a GUI utility that
can create either an S5-based presentation or a comparable web-viewable
slide show?

Thanks in advance for any information you can provide,

A.C.
******