[NBLUG/talk] Concerning Linux compatibility with the new MacBook Pro

Bob Blick bblick at sonic.net
Mon Jan 16 14:28:08 PST 2006

> I'm sure that
> lesser laptop *cough* Dell *cough* wouldn't have survived longer than a
> few
> months.

My $700 Dell laptop still works just as well as it did 2 years ago. While
there have certainly been bad models of Dell laptops, there have also been
bad models of Apple laptops. This Dell compares favorably in performance
with an Apple product costing twice as much. Dell also sells 20 times as
many laptops as Apple, so that's probably why you've heard bad things.
Only one person I know has had a bad Dell laptop, his had one of those
huge screens and the hinges kept breaking. All the other Dells I know
personally have been good computers.

And it also doesn't come shackled with only one button next to its
touchpad. A touchpad, might I add, made by Synaptics, the same as Apple.

To quote Troy "crap, I've been sucked into this thread".

-Bob