[NBLUG/talk] Re: General Meeting (2006/07/11) -- Linux on the Desktop

Conrad OHO conradoho at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 7 16:54:21 PDT 2006

Hi Kyle and NBLUG'ers,

I'm in the process of evaluating the latest live CD Kubuntu, and am
looking forwards to attending this panel of NBLUG members who will
describe and demonstrate some of the major desktop environments/window
managers available for Linux including Gnome, KDE, Fluxbox, and others.

I would like to get a copy of the just released book "Linux Hacks"
which you've co-authored, and am wondering if there will be copies
available at the 2006/07/11 meeting?

Carpool anyone?

Best Regards,
Conrad OHO

==================================

--- Kyle Rankin <kyle at nblug.org> wrote:

> Start: 2006/07/11 - 7:30pm
> End: 2006/07/11 - 9:00pm
> Location:
> O'Reilly, Sebastopol, CA
> http://nblug.org/genloc
> Speakers: NBLUG panel

>     Linux on the desktop gets more and more buzz as time goes on. In
> this
>     presentation, a panel composed of NBLUG members will describe and
>     demonstrate some of the major desktop environments/window
> managers
>     available for Linux including Gnome, KDE, Fluxbox, and others.
>

> We are always looking for speakers, so if you or anyone you know
> would like
> to give a presentation to a group of friendly nerds please send an
> email to
> speakers at nblug.org .
>
> --
> Kyle Rankin
> NBLUG President
> The North Bay Linux Users Group
> http://nblug.org

Conrad OHO  Phone: 415-457-3532
141 Lansdale Ave Fairfax CA 94930

"All truths are easy to understand once they are discovered;
the point is to discover them." -Galileo Galilei (1564-1642)