[NBLUG/talk] Finding an compatible IDE motherboard

Ross Thomas boscorama at fastmail.us
Fri Nov 10 17:39:18 PST 2006

On Fri, 10 Nov 2006 16:26:11 -0800, "Todd Cary"
<todd at aristesoftware.com> said:

> I have a server running Red Hat 9 on a Abit BE7-RAID board with
> some IDE drives. I want to upgrade to a later version of Linux, but
> the BE7 is not supported by newer versions

Just out of interest, how did you determine this?  If this is because a
certain distro has dropped support, you may want to look at another
distro that does support it instead.

Certainly the HPT372 raid controller is covered by a standard driver,
the hpt366 driver by the looks of it.

Ross.