[NBLUG/talk] Finding an compatible IDE motherboard

Todd Cary todd at aristesoftware.com
Sat Nov 11 09:25:49 PST 2006

Lincoln -

Conceptually, what you say makes sense.  Red Hat 9 works with the
BE7-RAID board so what would be different in Centos (Red Hat Enterprise
4) so that it will not work?  Granted, the Kernel is different in RH
Enterprise from RH 9, but is it that different?

These are areas where my lack of knowledge/experience puts me at a
disadvantage.

On the Highpoint site, I here is this:

http://www.highpoint-tech.com/USA/bios_rr133.htm

Then I had this exchange some time ago where the proprietary drivers are
discussed, but I am not sure what to make of it.

http://lists.centos.org/pipermail/centos/2005-September/052353.html

Does this make sense to you?

Todd

--