[NBLUG/talk] Finding an compatible IDE motherboard

Todd Cary todd at aristesoftware.com
Sat Nov 11 17:10:19 PST 2006

Ross -

Thank you for your patience and thoroughness in your responses.  The
conclusion I had came to awhile ago is the board needs to be replaced.
When I found out that I could not install Centos 4, I decided to try an
old box that was ear marked for computer heaven (not even sure what
board is in it) and Centos loaded without a hitch and has been running
for over a year while I decide what to do with the "real" server :-) !

My quandary is how to chose/find some simple board to replace it that
has a 478 socket for an Intel CPU and IDE channels *and* will run the
latest Linux.  When I look at the plethora of motherboards (mostly using
new chip sets), I get lost.

Todd

--
Ariste Software