[NBLUG/talk] SSH question

Dean A. Roman droman at romansystems.com
Thu Sep 14 08:36:24 PDT 2006

Tim,

I too am a long time lurker and part time poster, but I've been working
with linux and unix for as long as I can remember...anybody remember the
VAX?
Check to see if your ssh config(sshd_config) on your linux box is only
allowing ssh2 and your windows ssh client is trying only ssh1?
I'm not sure about the client your using on windows, but Putty on
windows always works for me.
  ( http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/putty/download.html )
FYI: ssh is picky about file and directory permissions, so be careful
you don't have your private key file world readable.
Good luck.

Thanks,
    ---Dean.