[NBLUG/talk] Help a neighboring LUG'er

Conrad OHO conradoho at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 1 12:59:25 PDT 2007

Can anyone help this guy?... I'm too much of a noob to know where to
begin... Conrad OHO

==================================

From:"Andrius Ilgunas" <andrius at ilgunas.net>
To:"'HumLUG List'" <linux at redwood.humboldt.edu>
Subject:RE: Google beta
Date:Sun, 1 Apr 2007 10:53:44 -0700

Hrmm...it seems that a link on that page is broken.  I got something
weird:

http://www.google.com/tisp/notfound.html

How can I fix that? This computer is brand new.

It's a Dell Dementia Super 48000XZ, 4GB RAM, 580GB Seagate Hard drive
(80GB
useable), 2.7GHz Duo Core Processor, 48X DVD-R, 19" LCD Monitor Model
9400SX
(with the power button on the right side), ATI Mobility Radeon X1200
Video
Graphics Accelerator Card with 512MB,  Two (2) DIMM slots,  1.44 Floppy
Drive Installed, Two (2) PCI Slots and (1) half height AGP Slot, Two
(2)
PS/2 Ports, Two (2) Serial Ports (COM1 & COM2) and One (1) Parallel
Port
(LPT1), 105-key Keyobard, Logitech Optical Mouse with Scrolling wheel,
onboard 10/100mbps Ethernet, onboard 56k v.92 modem, Four (4) USB Ports
/
2-back 2-front, IrDA, 7-in-1 multicard reader,Tru-Sound Home
Entertainment
System, Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition with Service Pack 2,
Microsoft
Works, Microsoft Money, Norton Antivirus 2008, and Elite Defender II
Firewall.

I used to be an old computer hacker way back in the 70's, so I know a
thing
or two about computers. I tried recompiled the CPU and flashed my hard
drive
fourteen times. But I still get the same error. It's really weird. I
used to
get web pages all the time! I mean, it's ALWAYS worked before!   Then I
pulled out the BIG GUNS. I spliced the coax cable and soldered it
directly
into the motherboard because we all know those plastic connectors are
POS
(LOLROFLMAOLOL!) But that didn't fix anything. Should I buy more RAM? I
also
heard that the ether in the cable goes bad once in a while.  How do I
refill
the cable with more ether?

Everyone knows that Gates owns the Internet, so do you think that maybe
it's
being rebooted?

-=-=-
Andrew Ilgunas
+Technocrat
+Systems / Network Administrator - http://noc.ilgunas.net

Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious.