[NBLUG/talk] Display Resolution in Ubuntu Desktop

Steve Bursch sbursch at sonic.net
Tue Apr 3 14:42:28 PDT 2007

Kudos to Eric Eisenhart and William Tracy for their timely and very helpful responses to my display resolution problem!  I used Eric's suggestion and modified the xorg.conf file with the lines he suggested, and they worked perfectly.  Now when I boot the Ubuntu machine, it doesn't matter which machine is being serviced by the KVM switch; whenever I switch to the Ubuntu machine, the correct screen resolution is used.

Many thanks!

---SteveB